Amarnath shrine boardOut of all Hindu deities, Lord Shiva is extremely popular not only amongst Indians but also amongst the people of other nationalities. To get closer to their favourite god, who appears on this earth in the unique form of an Ice Lingam, millions of devotees pay their visit to Shri Amarnathji Shrine in South Kashmir. The Shrine is managed by Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), that was constituted by an Act of the State Legislature in 2000 with His Excellency the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir as its ex-officio Chairman. The Amarnathji Shrine Board is responsible for smooth and trouble free pilgrimage to the Holy Shrine. Assisted by a Chief Executive officer who is a senior IAS officer and eight distinguished Board Members, the board is constantly working towards making this journey the most cherished one.
Role of the Board:
The following roles and responsibilities have been assigned to Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) as per section 16 of the Act:
* To arrange for the proper performance of worship at the Holy Shrine.
* To make arrangements for the safe custody of the funds, valuable and jewelry and for the preservation of the Board Fund.
* To undertake developmental activities concerning the areas of the shrine and its surroundings.
* To make provision for the payment of suitable emoluments to the salaried staff.
* To make suitable arrangements for the imparting of religious instruction and general education to the pilgrims.
To undertake for the benefit of worshippers and pilgrims:
* The construction of buildings for their accommodation
* The construction of sanitary works; and
* The improvement of means of communication.
* To make provision of medical relief for worshippers and pilgrims
* To do all such things as may be incidental and conducive to the efficient management, maintenance and administration of the Holy Shrine and the Board Funds and for the convenience of the pilgrims.
The Shrine Board has made ambitious plans for effecting improvements in facilities for the pilgrims. These are: Barbed wire fencing with search lights at each camping site.
Basic amenities like toilets, shelters with benches have been provided at intervals of 2-3 Kms. First aid, eateries, hospital facilities at each camping site. A helicopter service from Srinagar-Baltal to the Holy Cave and for any sort of emergency is always at the disposal.