Varanasi directory * State Bank of India, Cantt, Varanasi
* State Bank of India, Banaras Handu University, Varanasi.
* Indian Overseas Bank, Lahurabir Varanasi.
* Bank of Baroda, Godowlia, Varanasi.
* Allahabad Bank, Nadeser,Varanasi.
* Allahabad Bank, Chowk, Varanasi.
* Central Bank of India, Chowk, Varanasi.
* Canara bank, Bansphatak, Varanasi.
* IDBI Bank, Arihant Complex, Sigra, Varanasi
* HDFC Bank , Arihant Complex, Sigra, Varanasi
* ICICI Bank , Gyanwapi Chowk, Varanasi
* Punjab National Bank, Lahurabir ,Varanasi
* S.P.G. Hospital, Kabirchaura, Varanasi. Phone: (0542)-2333723
* S.S.L. Hospital, BHU, Varanasi. Phone: (0542)- 2312542-45
* Govt. Hospital, Shivpur. Varanasi Phone: (0542)-2282226
* Hindu Seva Sadan, Chowk..Varanasi Phone: (0542)-2412143
* Marwari Hospital, Godowlia, Varanasi. Phone: (0542)-2321456
* Mata AnandMai Hospital, Bhadaini Phone: (0542)-2310592
* Ram Krishna Mission Hospital, Luxa. Phone: (0542)-2391727
* Cancer Institute, NE Railway, Lahartara. Phone: (0542)-2425338
TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICES
* Regional Tourist Office, U.P.Tourism. Parade Kothi, Cantt. Ph:(0542)-2206638, 2208413
* U.P. Tourist Office, Sarnath.Open: 10 a.m.- 5 pm. Closed on Sundays and Govt.holidays.
* U.P.Government Tourist Information Counter.Varanasi Cantt, Railway Station, Near Enquiry Office , Main Hall. (Opens daily 6 am.-8 pm.) Ph: (0542)-2346370
* Railway Tourism. Ph: (0542)-2506670
* Govt.Of India Tourist Office.15B, The Mall Cantt.Varanasi. Ph: (0542)-2501784
* Govt. Of India Tourist Information Counter,Babatpur Airport, Varanasi.
TRAVEL AGENTS & TOUR/COACH OPERATORS.
The city has numerous travel agents and tour operators. Some of them are :
* Cosmic Travels & Movers, Varuna Bridge. Ph: (0542)-2502246, 2504526
* Ashok Tour & Travel, Indian Airlines Building Cantt,Varanasi. Ph: (0542)- 2503432
* Mercury Travels, Varanasi.
* Sita World Travels, 53 cantt.
* Surbhi Travels & Tours Cooperative Building Nadeser. Ph: (0542)-2502664
* Tour Aids, Hotel India
* Travels Assistance, Varuna Bridge ,Varanasi. Ph: (0542)-2502954
* Travel Corporation Of India.
* Varuna Travels, Pandey Haweli. Ph: (0542)-2393371-72
* Inpac Tours, Nadesar
Approved tourist guides for local sight seeing may be hired through the Govt. Of India Tourist Office.
Varanasis various restaurants searve a variety of cuisines- continental, chinese, indian and of course, the traditional 'Mughlai' .
* Mandarin Restaurant, Parade Kothi
* Winfa restaurant, Lahurabeer
* Shahi restaurant, near rathyatra cross
* Yelchico Bar & restaurant, near Sigra crossing
* Amrapali, D.58/9 Varanasi.
* Aashiyana Restaurant , Varuna bridge,
* Haveli Restaurant, The Mall cantt.
* Ayyars Cafe, Banaras Lodge, Dashaswamedha Road, Varanasi
* Annapurna Restaurant, Piplani Katra Lahurabir
* Kerala Cafe , Bhelupur, Varanasi
* Kesari Restaurant, Godowlia Varanasi
Varanasi has, since times immemorial, been hailed as a premier centre for some of the finest handicrafts. The most renowned craft of the city is silk weaving. Baranasi Sarees produced by local craftsman are among the most preferred, not only in India but across the world. Brassware, copperware, ivorywork , glass bangles, wood and clay toys and exquisite gold jewellery are some of the other crafts the city is famous for. Bhadohi Carpets and musical instruments are among the other shopping attractions.
SHOPPING See Also: Banarasi Saree Handicrafts of Varanasi
* Varanasi is famous for it silk weaving, and Banarsi silk are a part of every grils trousseau. Banaras brocades are prized the world over. Brassware, Copperware, Wooden ,Clay toys and Exquisite gold jewellery are some of the other crafts the city is famous for. The hand-knotted carpets Mirzapur and Bhadohi and musical instruments are among the other shopping attractions. Banaras is also famous for its Langda Aam, a variety of mangoes available in the summer. Betel life is also a speciality. The main shopping areas are Chowk, Vishwanath Gali, Thatheri Bazar, Lahurabir, Godoulia, Dashswamedh Gail, Golghar and Dalmandi.
* UPICA, Nadesar U.P. Handlooms Lahurabir & Nichi Bagh
* Tantuj-Bengal Emporium, Dashashwamedh Road
* Handloom House, Sigra.
Kindly click here to provide more details / comments
Add PHOTOS with detail